Which Type of Senior Housing is Right for Me?
Great question! And one that is pertinent to starting the search for your new home. Determining what type of home you want before you begin your tours is important so you don’t waste time, energy, and resources. When it comes to care homes, seniors have many options in McKinney:
- Senior Living: A Senior living community, also known as a retirement community, is a neighborhood designed for older adults, usually ages 55 and older, who can generally take care of themselves, not requiring continuous assistance.
- Assisted Living: Assisted living is for the elderly or disabled who cannot live independently and require care such as nursing, housekeeping, and prepared meals.
- Memory Care: Memory care specializes in caring for those who have been diagnosed with memory disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and other types of memory problems.
- Residential Care Homes: Also known as adult foster homes or adult family homes, residential care homes are known for their smaller size and more customized care for their residents. These homes are often a less expensive option than a large building.
- Nursing Homes: Nursing homes typically offer a high level of care loved ones can receive outside of a hospital.
Let our experienced team help you identify the best senior housing type that is right for you. For information and guidance, please call us at 214-929-5055. You can also email Paul@SeniorLivingSpecialists.com or complete our Contact Form.